The aim of this specification is to encourage you, the student, to:
- Develop a broad range of ICT skills and knowledge of the uses of ICT in vocational contexts, as a basis for progression into further learning in ICT-related fields, including progression from AS to A2.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the components, functions and applications of information systems within a range of organisations.
- Develop an understanding of the main principles of solving problems using ICT and develop the skills necessary to apply this understanding.
- Apply your knowledge and understanding of ICT and use skills (e.g. planning, research, evaluation, problem solving) in vocational contexts.
- Develop project management skills and an understanding of the need to work with others.